Hiking, cable car, Glass Skywalk
Destination: Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province, China
Number of Travelers: 4-20 people of many different nationalities
* Visit Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and where the inspiration for the Hallelujah Mountains in the Oscar winning film Avatar was drawn from
* Take the Bailong Elevator, made entirely of see-through glass, to ascend to Yuanjiajie Mountain
* Opt to walk along the world’s longest and highest Glass Bridge
* Hike through one of China’s most famous natural wonders and marvel at the stunning scenery that surrounds you
* Take the world’s longest cable car to the top of Tianzi Mountain
* Benefit of visiting during winter with a snow wonderland scenery, less crowds and the lowest airfare of 800rmb for round trip!
* Luxury 5-star hotel overnighter with daily breakfast
Trip Route Overview
D1: Arrival in Zhangjiajie, free time to explore the city
D2: Bailong Elevator, Yuanjiajie, Tianzi Mountain
D3: Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon-Glass bridge - Sandstone Painting Institute-airport
Day 01- arrive Zhangjiajie city
The local guide will meet and greet you at the airport or train station, and in 15 minutes will transfer you to the hotel in Zhangjiajie city. From here you will have free and easy time for you to explore the small city. Zhangjiajie is a small city located in the northwest of Hunan province, with a total population of 1.7 million. It is famous for its unique sand stone, quartz peaks and mountains.
Day 02 - Bailong Elevator, Yuanjiajie, Tianzi Mountain
After breakfast at your hotel, you will make your way to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park to start today's adventure. Explore the beautiful scenery during your ride to the Bailong Elevator made of see-through glass before using it to ascend to Yuanjiajie Mountain. Venture from Yuanjiajie's summit with a 2.5-hour hike into the Pillar of Southern Sky, an inspiration for the Hallelujah Mountains in the movie, Avatar. From there, you will proceed to the Platform of Forgetfulness to admire nearby peak-views before walking across the First Bridge Under Heaven. Lunch at the local restaurant will be available at your own expense. Next, the park shuttle bus will take you to visit Tianzi Mountain where Imperial Writing Brush Peaks, Xihai Stone Forest, and other incredible views and scenery awaits. Your activities for the day will conclude a trip by the Tianzi cable car before being transferred back to your hotel.
Day 03 - Zhangjiajie Glass bridge - Tianmen mountain- Sandstone Painting Institute-airport
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. We will then travel via bus (40min drive) to the Zhangjiajie Glass bridge, and walk along the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge. This bridge is not only the highest, but also the longest glass bridge in the world. It is not for the faint-hearted (the Glass bridge is built between two mountains of zhangjiajie Grand canyon, it is 375meters long and 6meters wide, with a height of 300meters from bottoms). After that we will transfer to Tianmen mountain, Tianmen literally means ‘heaven’s gate’, and the scenery of this area does match its name. We will ride the world’s longest cable car to get up to the mountain top, take a walk on a glass walkway which is suspened 1,430 meters up, and ride on a mountain road with 99 turns. And that’s not all: there’s still a 999-step ‘stairway to heaven’ before you reach the hole.
Afterward, you will visit an art gallery of sandstone painting to appreciate a new kind of painting style. After being taken back to Zhangjiajie, you will have free time in the city until your tour concludes with your transfer to the airport according to your flight schedule.
Trip Cost includes the following:
1. Local Transport with private bus
2. Two nights’ accommodation in 5-star Hotel with daily breakfast
3. Entrance fees for main tourist attractions mentioned above
4. Travel insurance, Bilingual Local Tour guide service
The cost does NOT include:
1. Main Transportation (flight or train) from and to Zhangjiajie
2. Lunch and dinner during the trip
3. Single Room supplement 500RMB/person
4. Invoice, Personal and unexpected expenses
1. Mt. Tianzi Cable Car – 72RMB
2. Evening cultural Xiangxi Show – 228RMB
3. Shoe Cover for Mt. Tianmen Skywalk– 5RMB
4. Chair life at top of Mt. Tianmen– 25RMB
Join us on our mini-adventure to see the famous Zhangjiajie Avatar Mountains, and if you dare, walk along the world’s longest and highest glass bridge.
See the Heavenly Pillar, which was the inspiration of The Hallelujah Mountains in the film Avatar.
Zhangjiajie is a place not to be missed on your tour of China. Located on the north-western border of Hunan Province, this National Forest Park is famous for its unusual, but breathtakingly beautiful scenery, which includes more than three thousand unique rock ridges and sand stone quart peaks and eight hundred ghylls.
Marvel at this UNESCO World Heritage Site’s precarious peaks, clear-water streams, waterfalls, large karst caves, and dense forests, which are teeming with wildlife such as monkeys.
You Should Bring:
“RSVP for 4-Day Zhangjiajie Avatar Mountain Weekend Tour 2020”We will confirm with you as how to pay the deposit and air ticket once we receive your application.
1000RMB deposit will be paid before the trip when you register, the balance will be paid to the local tour agency when members arrive in Zhangjiajie
Please click: http://www.okdealclub.com/forum/topics/ok-deal-club-outdoor-trips for details of our Deposit Refund Policy. (OK, Deal! Club Outdoor Trips Registration Q&A 户外旅游报名流程及常见问题解答)
Trip Members will be responsible for main Transportation (flight or train) to and from Zhangjiajie, via flight or train. OKDeal would help to book discount airtickets with lowest to 30% if you book with us with one month before departure
Make sure you bring your passport/ID card for hotel check-in
Hi Ginger, the meeting point will be around Jing An temple area close to Jing An Temple Line 2/7, the specific address will be informed to you in 2 days before departure
Hi Ginger, this route is pets friendly,you can bring your dog